Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thank You to All our Soldiers






Well, just sitting here wondering what the month of August will bring. The German festivals have all started everywhere, nothing like the smell of sauerkraut and pigs knuckles. How disgusting if you ask me, but that is what you get when you live in a German area. So every weekend somewhere there is a festival where you can go and eat all the German food you want, and drink all the beer and polka dance all you want.

So other than that, there is nothing else going on except the EXTREME heat, but I can't complain. My friends in Iraq and A'stan have it a whole lot worse than me. Here we have temps in the 90's with a heat index in around 103, but my buddy in Iraq says the temps there are running in the 130's to 140's. I guess I am fortunate because all I have to do is go outside and jump in the pool or lake, I am not stuck in the desert with nothing but a water bottle for a shower.

So to all you guys out there fighting the war on terror, I would like to say and great big THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for everything you do each and every day with little more than a bottle of water and a hard spot in the sand to sleep on. With out you, we could never have the things we have here in the United States. I hope they all know how much they are loved by us all and appreciated by us all for their sacrifices there where we all know they are not wanted by some of the local people. So I ask everyone person that takes the time to read this, the next time you see a Soldier, Airman, Marine or Seaman, please take the time to tell them THANK YOU. If nothing more just remember that they are doing what they do for probably less pay and respect than what they would have in the civilian world, and without them, we would not have our freedoms here.

So I will get off my soapbox now and give it a rest, time to take my baby out for her walk she is jumping on the door. So please don't forget to take the time to thank your American soldiers for everything they do for all of us here.
Good Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! Thanking the soldiers, praying for them and doing whatever we can to help them.
Proud Army & Coast Guard Mom